- It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.
- It is important that a man makes you laugh.
- It is important to find a man you can count on and who doesn't lie to you.
- It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.
- It is important that these four men don't know each other.
I suppose that the punch-line of that is that no one such man exists. That may be true. However, despite the weak attempt at humor, there are some important nuggets contained in it.
There are some basic fundamental needs every man and woman have that marriage can supply. While each marital partner should focus on how to give these to his or her spouse, every one needs these.
- Dependability--Someone who will help out and "pull their weight."
- Humor--Someone who can dispense this heart medicine regularly.
- Honesty--Someone whose words and deeds can be trusted implicitly and without doubt.
- Affection--Someone who will genuinely desire them, body and soul.
- Spiritual Assistance--Someone who will help them grow closer to God and get to heaven.