Someone shared the following list with me of signs you may not be reading
your Bible enough. They are listed from the bottom sign to the top sign,
hopefully you will not recognize any of these in your life, but if you do
maybe you better do some "thinkin" about it.
10) The Preacher announces the sermon is from Galatians... and you check the
table of contents.
9) You think Abraham, Isaac & Jacob may have had a few hit songs during the
8)You open to the Gospel of Luke and a WWII savings bond falls out.
7) Your favorite Old Testament patriarch is Hercules.
6) Your favorite Bible verse is "Cleanliness is next to godliness."
5) You become frustrated because Charlton Heston isn't listed in either the
concordance or the table of contents.
4) Catching the kids reading the Song of Solomon, you demand: "Who gave you
3) You think the Minor Prophets worked in the quarries.
2) You keep falling for it every time when the preacher tells you to turn to
And the number one sign you may not be reading your Bible enough:
1) The kids keep asking too many questions about your usual bedtime story:
"Jonah the Shepherd Boy and His Ark of Many Colors."
Solomon wrote in Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of
wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Do you want to be
wise? Then learn to respect God and take in some knowledge of Him. How do
you do that, through reading the letter he sent us that tells all about
himself. the Bible!
May you take the time from your busy day today to spend some time with the
book that leads us to eternal life.