1. I believe that Jesus died a death that paid the price for my sin.
2. I believe that God raised Him from that death as proof that the debt has been paid.
3. I repent of my sin - knowing it was part of the problem God had to deal with, and I realize that it would be inconsistent to believe Jesus died for my sins and yet not be sorry enough, regarding the trouble they cause me and God, to want to turn away from them.
4. I confess my faith in the resurrected Jesus as Lord, so that I can be accepted for baptism.
5. I will be baptized (immersed) in water in faith …
(i) so that I can unite with Christ’s death and resurrection;
(ii) so that my sins can be washed away by Christ’s blood;
(iii) so that I can become a child of God;
(iv) so that God can forgive my sins;
(v) so that I can be saved;
(vi) so that I can receive the gift of God’s Holy Spirit.
(vii) so that my conscience will be clear.
(viii) so that I have a living hope;
(ix) because saving faith is obedient faith and confident faith.
6. I agree that all that I do above will not earn my salvation and forgiveness, but is done because I accept that God’s forgiveness of my sins is always and only by His grace.
The following Scriptures provide support for all the above points:
*1 Peter 3:18-22
1 Peter 1:3-5,18-25
* Romans 6:3-23
1 Corinthians 15:1-11
* 2 Peter 2:4-10
Hebrews 2:1-4; 3:5-19; 4:1-13
1 Corinthians 6:9-11