- Moses said we could (Deut. 29:29).
- David said we could (Ps. 119:104).
- John said we could (Jn. 20:30,31).
- Jesus prayed that we might (Jn. 17:20).
All of these spokesmen for God have declared that through study of the Scriptures we are enabled to see them alike.
There are some things that HINDER a clear understanding of the Bible:
- Relatives (Matt. 19:29; 10:34-37)
- Pride (Prov 14:12; 16:18; Rev. 3:17-18)
- Majority opinion (Ex. 23:2; Matt. 7:13-14,21)
- False doctrines (Matt. 13:14-15; 2 Thess. 2:9-12)
- Satan (2 Cor. 4:3-4)
If we will accept only the word of God (1 Pet. 4:11), we would not only see the Bible alike, but understand and practice it alike (1 Cor. 1:10).
- by Johnny Polk