Thursday, January 31, 2013
Country & Western song titles
Western song titles (These are actual songs):
* Her Teeth Were Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure
* I Liked You Better Before I Knew You So Well
* I Still Miss You, Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better
* I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here
* If The Phone Don't Ring, Baby, You'll Know It's Me
* How Can You Believe Me When I Say I Love You When You Know I've Been A
Liar All My Life?
* I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You
* I Would Have Wrote You A Letter, But I Couldn't Spell Yuck
* I Wouldn't Take Her To A Dawg Fight, Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win
* If You Don't Leave Me Alone, I'll Go And Find Someone Else Who Will
* My John Deere Was Breaking Your Field, While Your Dear John Was Breaking
* Oh, I've Got Hair Oil On My Ears And My Glasses Are Slipping Down But
Baby I Can See Through You
* They May Put Me In Prison, But They Can't Stop My Face From Breakin' Out
* You Can't Roller Skate In A Buffalo Herd
* If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I'd Blow It All On You
* You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly
* How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?
* If You Leave Me, Can I Come Too?
Those are some strange titles! But the last one reminds me of a
conversation Jesus had with his disciples the night before his crucifixion.
In John 14-17, Jesus talked with his disciples about what to expect after
his death. Not surprisingly, the disciples had a hard time understanding.
Jesus kept talking about "going away," but they didn't want to be separated.
Jesus tried to comfort them with these words:
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive
you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." (John 14:3)
It was hard for the apostles to let go of Jesus. They couldn't imagine
life without him. But Jesus assured them that though his departure was
necessary, he would be back to get his followers. If he left them, they
could one day come, too. Their parting was a time a sorrow, but there were
(and are) joyful times ahead (John 16:20)! What a great thought for all of
Jesus, can I come too?
Have a great day!
How to be saved
Are you wondering how to be saved? Are you searching for information on how to be saved? Do you want to know what God requires you to do to be saved from your sins? Learn how to be saved from sin and have heaven you home by visiting http://www.abiblecommentary.com/newtestamentchristianity today! There is also a good discussion on how to be saved at http://www.commentaryonthebible.com/howtobesaved
Bible commentary on http://people.tribe.net
Bible commentary listing
On line Bible commentary
naymz and bible commentary information
Commentary on the Bible listing
Flickr.com Bible commentary profile
Blogs from www.livejournal.com
A bible commentary on ryze.com
Get listed on delicious.com!
- ► 2017 (113)
- ► 2016 (37)
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (46)
- ▼ 2013 (52)
- ► 2012 (145)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (515)