Here is a useful Bible study on the Kingdom of Christ. Study the following Scriptures and then try answering the questions that follow.
1 Samuel 8:7
2 Samuel 7:11-16
1 Kings 1:35
1 Chronicles 28:5; 29:23
Psalms 2, 47, 89, 103, 110 and 132:10-12
Isaiah 9:1-7; 11:1-10; 33:22; 45:21-22
Jeremiah 22:18-30 and 23:5-6
Daniel 2:44 and 7:9-27
Matthew 4:17,23; 6:9-10; 16:13-28; 24:14
Luke 1:30-35; 2:10-14; 17:20-21; 23:42
John 3:3,5; 6:15; 18:36
Acts 1:3,6-8; 2:22-39; 8:12; 14:21-22; 15:8-19; 20:25; 28:23,31
Romans 14:17; 15:12
1 Corinthians 15:23-28
2 Peter 1:1-11
Revelation 1:4-20; 11:1-19; 12:1-17; 17:9-14; 19:6-16; 20:4,6
1. What does “kingdom” mean?
2. Has God always been King and Saviour?
3. Why then did Jesus have to come as God and Saviour?
4. Why is David so important in connection with the kingdom?
5. For how long was Israel without a King after Coniah? Why?
6. Why are Daniel’s prophecies so important?
7. What is the connection between God as King, David as King and Jesus as King?
8. What is the connection between Jesus and David?
9. When did Jesus restore the throne of David? How and Why?
10. What is the relationship between Jesus as King and Jesus as Saviour?
11. What will happen to the kingdom when Jesus returns at the end of time?
12. Does Jesus reign as King of your life?
How does He reign?
How do you know?
Arise, O Lord, and go to your resting place, you and the ark of your might.
Let your priests be clothed with righteousness, and let your saints shout for joy.
For the sake of your servant David, do not turn away the face of your anointed one.
The Lord swore to David a sure oath from which he will not turn back:
“One of the sons of your body I will set on your throne.
If your sons keep my covenant and my testimonies that I shall teach them,
their sons also forever shall sit on your throne.”
For the Lord has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his dwelling place:
“This is my resting place forever; here I will dwell, for I have desired it.
I will abundantly bless her provisions; I will satisfy her poor with bread.
Her priests I will clothe with salvation, and her saints will shout for joy.
There I will make a horn to sprout for David; I have prepared a lamp for my anointed.
His enemies I will clothe with shame, but on him his crown will shine.” Psalm 132:8-18
Compare Revelation 1:5-6 and 20:4-6